Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Blatant Advertisement

First, let me apologize for my lengthy absence. I spent last weekend out of town and work has been really busy. In other words, I haven't had time to blog. A real post is in the works, but I just had to give this quick shout-out to my dad.

My dad is going to be on NPR! No, seriously. He'll be on the national broadcast of Morning Edition between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on Thursday (the 26th, tomorrow, whatever).

He wrote NPR a letter about balanced reporting, and they asked him to read it at the local public radio station so they could record it and put it on the air. So, if you listen to NPR at all, or even if you don't, tune in tomorrow.

Ok, end of blatant advertisement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Your dad seems to be an interesting guy. Very. If I were over there, I'd tune in to hear him.

I'd love to hear his views on balanced reporting.

Balanced reporting? Is that what you'd call an oxymoron?

girlspit said...

Dad: no prob.

Gyal: I think my dad would call that an oxymoron. By the way, you can listen to the broadcast on the npr.org web site.

If he doesn't mind, I'm going to publish the full letter he sent. It's pretty short and sweet.

cadiz12 said...

wow, not only is he a good cook but he's going to be on npr? awesome.

balanced reporting is an oxymoron because any person can't help but see/judge things based on his/her own experiences. that's why we should get news from a lot of different sources.

omar said...

Wait, your dad said "props." That's great! Way to go, girlspit's dad. Oh, and congrats for the radio thing too.